Sunday, September 6, 2009

Brush With Fame

Dave left for Kazakhstan yesterday by way of London. He e-mailed last night with news that Usain Bolt was on his flight. I say Bolt was on his flight and not the other way around because Usain may be the fastest man but Dave is my man and therefore takes priority. Because David may well be the most considerate and conscientious human on the planet, he did not ask for an autograph ("What the heck?"--several unnamed children). He did say that he was a pretty normal looking guy...well as normal as any 6'3" gentleman squished into a airplane seat can be. Sarah wondered if he had any bodyguards with him, but we decided that that would be completely unnecessary as he could outrun anybody coming after him. This all lead to a great discussion on the way to chuch this morning on how many times Mr. Bolt would lap us if we were up against him in a 50meter race. I just love that his name is Mr. Bolt, don't you?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello, Passeys! I just stumbled on the blog via Facebook, and just wanted to say it's good to hear how you all are doing. We miss you in Texas, but I think I can speak for many when I say that I am envious of the wonderful experiences you are having!

Also, I love the quote of the week section.