Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Death Ride

From Wikipedia:

The Atomium [1] is a monument built for Expo '58, the 1958 Brussels World's Fair. Designed by André Waterkeyn, it is 102-metres (335 ft) tall, with nine steel spheres connected so that the whole forms the shape of a unit cell of an iron crystal magnified 165 billion times. The top sphere provides a panoramic view of Brussels. Each sphere is 18 metres in diameter.

From Real Life:


That's me...and Anna...

And Sarah...

And Benj and Matthew ready to slide off the ball...And the view (a little askew)...
And how the whole thing is held together...

And the truimphant seven: Benjamin, Sarah, Anna, Me, Matthew (just a sliver), Annie Grow, and Roz Hawk. What a great way to end the summer.
And if you still don't believe it, watch this...

3 comments:

Connie said...

CRAZY! CRAZY! CRAZY! Did I mention you were CRAZY! My kids would love it & I'd pass out just watching! Hahaha!

B&G Passey said...

WOW!!! I'm soooooo glad I didn't know about this beforehand. I love my grandchildren and daughter-in-law way too much to not be a nervous wreck waiting for this to end. But I am glad you all had such a fun time and hope the memories will suffice instead of a desire to do it all over again!
Much love to all. xoxoxoxox

Meredith Rotz said...

I love the courage that all your kids have! How fun! I would totally do that! Glad you are all having fun in Belgium!