Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Brief Intermission

I must call a brief intermission from the cruise recount. I am in Florence with the 6th grade fieldtrip (not bragging, just stating the facts). I will finish up with the Med in a few days and maybe have a few pics to share from the adventures of 100+ twelve year olds exploring the roots of the Renaissance in it's birthplace. A few quotes from the day:

"When are we going shopping?"

"But Dr. Redmond, I am mature."

" The gelato we had after lunch was not as good as the gelato we had after dinner."

"Why are there so may dead people in this church?"

"Can I share your umbrella?"

"There are no frescos in this church because it would confuse the simplicity of the architectural form." A 12 year old came up with that astute observation.

I think we may have a few Renaissance minds of the 6th grade variety.

3 comments:

Jordan and Rachel said...

Beth, I LOVE your blog. Jordan and I laughed so hard when reading your quotes. Julia cracks us up so much! It looks like you are all doing so good. We miss you guys.--Rachel

julie said...

You are on the trip??? How are my twins????
Have fun!

julie said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog Beth. Glad to know all is well in Italy. I hope you are having fun too.
From the homefront...Maria says your daughter is doing great in the MS musical. Go Anna!