Saturday, June 13, 2009

Leeds Castle

This year Dave and I decided to take each of the kids on a trip for their birthday. Two declined (go figure). Anna and I went to London for two days and walked each other to exhaustion, pausing only long enough to see Wicked. Matthew and I went to Leeds Castle in Kent, England for the day. I know I promised to post pictures, but guess what...someone (under the age of 20) took the card out of my camera to download some pictures and...wait for it...didn't put it back in. So I took my camera all the way to England and carried it around without being able to take one picture. Not of the jousting tournament. Not of the falcon show. Not of Matthew admiring the rock garden. Not of us eating mushy peas and meat pies. Not of the proud peacock with full feather display or the albino peacock that Matthew described as looking like he was wearing a wedding dress. Not of the beautiful gardens or the amazing castle. Not of Matthew enjoying being 11 in England. Oh well. We still had a great time, and Matthew's DS had batteries, so all in all it was a good day. Here is a pirated picture from the internet so you can see what we saw only not exactly. Close enough...

2 comments:

Roxy said...

Bummer to not have pictures, but what an amazing trip to take! And how fun to take them somewhere for their birthday! You guys are so great!

T-bit said...

Can the Passeys adopt me for one year, please!!! Miss you...you have to check out the pics of Cash in his speedo on my blog! Too cute!