Monday, December 13, 2010

More England

The sun is shining here in Belgium and that, my friends, is not something I can say every day. We have had snow and rain and ice and wind, but precious little sun. But today is amazing. I am about to plant myself in a ray of the precious stuff and get serious about Christmas, but before I do, here are a few more pictures from our trip to Bath, England.
All of you Jane Austen devotees out there will recognize the Royal Crescent--the most prestigious address in Bath. Anne Eliott comes out of the door on the far right to seek love and Captain Wentworth. Ahhhhh.

These baths date from the 16th century and were unknowing built right on top of the ancient Roman baths. Can you imagine the people watching 500 years ago?

Another Jane Austen reference--the pump rooms. This pump provided the wealthy access to the curative waters and the best society. You can still get water here for 50p a glass. And it tastes nasty.
A view of Pulteny Bridge and the park. Benj was run over by a man in a motorized wheelchair on this very bridge. I wish I had a picture of that to share.

We got our fall colors in abundance and class this year. We just love those Edwardians.
And the market around the corner. Fabulous scones and pastys and cheese and raspberry shortbread. It really is all about the food. And the fall. And the family.

No comments: