Thursday, September 23, 2010

We're Back!

August is vacation month in Europe. People disappear and businesses, resturants, and even roads close down for the entire month. The first year we were here I walked happily to my favorite bakery anticipating a delicious citron tart only to find that said tart was not to be had for three whole weeks. As Americans, we can't fathom the concept that a thriving business would shut its doors for a whole month during prime shopping season just so the owners can zoom off to the South of France for a little sun and wine and rest. But every year my little bakery closes down for the month of August and I do without my tarts and I can't wait for September to come so that a multitude of pleasures and options are restored.
In keeping with that tradition, I took the month of August off. Well, and part of September too. Sorry for the lack of excitement around here. I should have posted a sign:
CLOSED FOR THE MONTH OF AUGUST
ANECDOTES AND PHOTOS TO RESUME IN SEPTEMBER
We have now re-opened for business. Hope you enjoyed the rest. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Grandma Betty said...

Oh my I'm glad you're back. I'm tired of checking almost daily just to find the same "cuteness" posting. Of course it was great, but I've been looking for new news since the first part of August! Keep up the good work. Love you all lots and lots.