Monday, June 14, 2010

Remember that Cruise?

Ok, I know it was two months ago, but I can't let the last three stops fade into oblivion. So here are the absolute hightlights from the grand finale: This is the amplitheater at ancient Ephesus. Built in the first century AD, it could hold 25,000 spectators.
I was really into the columns. One of the craziest things about these ancient sites is that they pretty much let you crawl all over everything. I guess they figure that if it has withstood 2000 years of weather and plunder, it can hold up to the Passeys.
Anna and Sarah fit right in with the Greek Goddesses.

This was my favorite building--the Ancient Library of Celsus. Look and those columns. I could have been really smart in there.

The Temple of Artemis, one of the ancient wonders was destroyed by Goths around 400AD. We liked Ephesus anyway.
Two more wonders to go...

No comments: