Thursday, August 21, 2008


We are back in Belgium now and pulling on sweaters! What a contrast to Texas and Utah. We had such a great trip back home and loved visiting with the best people in the world. I got a little choked up at one point when I realized that everywhere I turned, there stood someone else that I love. And, the US has the best shopping in the world--OK, maybe China is better, but I'll take a good, air conditioned, TJMaxx any day.
We spent a wonderful two weeks with friends in Denton and several days with my family in San Antonio. Erin, Jennifer, Mom, and I escaped to Fredricksburg for a 40th birthday celebration--I can't be that old--and the men (with a little help from the >12 crowd) kept all 16 kids very well contained.
This was followed by the longest drive evveerrrrr through the great plains and smack into rodeo weekend in central Wyoming. No hotels for miles. Dave iron-maned it through till 5am when he finally found a room. Benj crashed on the floor, and by the time Dave and I finished carrying everything in, there were already two to a bed. That quickly became three to a bed! I now have a greater appreciation for my mom and her two sisters.
We had a great week at Bear Lake with Dave's family followed by another great week in Provo. Benjamin and Sarah spent the week at EFY, while David and I relived our college days at the creamery, DI, and the BYU Bookstore--I love that place! Fortunately, the drive home was not as long, and after three days of frantic shopping, home repair and maintenance, and last minute hello/goodbyes, we were off to Belgium again. Now school is about to start and life will return to our usual routine--lots of traffic, lots of French, and lots of studying.
We love our Texas home...we love our Belgian home...I just wish the two were closer together.

3 comments:

ambyr said...

it was soo good to see you guys, even though it was just for a minute!! I'm glad yall had a good trip back to the homeland. We sure miss you!!! 1 year down, 2 to go?!!

T-bit said...

We already miss you guys! I had so much fun catching up and getting the best Passey hugs ever! Love you!

Vicky said...

It was great to see Julia - Daisy has really missed her running buddy! Julia gave Don your blog address so I will check in and see what you are up to every now and then. Take care and we miss our neighbors!!