Monday, May 26, 2008

Prague Spring

I have a new destination to add to my list of favorites: Prague. I had heard that it was beautiful, but I was amazed by more than just its beauty.



Ten Things to Love about Prague


1. Everything is in English! Essential to my French-fried Brain


2. 14th Century Buildings Seldom Look this Good.


3. Shopping on the 700 year old Charles Bridge

History meets architecture meets commerce meets bliss...

4. Classical Music in Baroque Churches


5. The Jewish Cemetery



6. Prague Castle by Moonlight


7. Prague Castle by Daylight
8. Live Jazz in a 600 year old cafe + great Pizza


Sorry, No Picture...Just Imagine


9. The Astronomical Clock


10. Checz Sense of Humor

Don't you love the way the old statue is eyeing the new guy!





I went with a friend from church for a long weekend. We hired a private guide to keep us from getting lost, wasting time trying to figure out where to go next, and translate for us (we didn't expect to be able to fend for ourselves on that front). Irena was great--friendly, knowledgable, and willing to share some of her experiences living under Communist rule. She had some pretty amazing stories. Friends, we have it so good! I could have spent a whole week wandering the streets and eating gelato. Another place on my list of return visits!




2 comments:

Marty and Kevin said...

Pleeeeeze, can we go there when we visit?! It's been on my wish list for so many years!
Lovely photos and great comments to make us all drool.
Can't wait for more.

T-bit said...

I am so jealous! Can't wait until you are my tour guide next fall!!!